Thursday 18 October 2012

Hong Kong

Another destination

Another experience.

Food.City. Rides.

Here it goes! 

Hong Kong it is! 

The unexpected country,

The unexpected experience. 


Two days after my finals and it doesn't feel like I sat them. I recovered so quickly from exams it's like being in heaven again. Here at the airport I am excited to experience and to see another city. From Las Vegas to L.A. to San Francisco now to Hong Kong. Where else will I go? What else will I see? 


A two hour flight from Manila to Hong Kong. My ears were blocked as soon as the plane was in the air. Every time I go to the Philippines by aeroplane this is exactly what happens. My ears get blocked and I throw up. But hey! So far so good I didn't experience throwing up.  
(October 14th 2012


Lets travel the world 

Lets not stay in one place

Explore don't imagine

Explore don't dream




The signs. The roads. Just like England. Arriving at the airport I realized waw! They drive on the same side as England. It was weird to see the cars on the right side of the road again! They even have yellow lines! I miss seeing that yellow line painted along the sides of the roads. 


What have you seen a tourist guide do? Tour you around? Talk endlessly? Well duh! Here in Hong Kong I experienced a tourist guide not only talking but SINGING! Not even in English, Cantonese or Mandarin but TAGALOG!

Gold. Silver. Diamonds. 

Isn't it beautiful. All the sparkles and glistening. As the doors were opened to to the jewellery story I was amazed. It was so amazing. It was so beautiful seeing all the beautiful jewellery outshining everything else. I found out that in Hong Kong Jewellery they make their own jewellery; with real diamonds and real gold. They import it and then they carve and make their own designs. Amazing right?! 
(October17th 2012) 


Bright lights

Glitters in the sky

Thats my game.

Sky high

Big dreams

Thats the life. 


Being able to see a view of the city at night was a beautiful experience. On top of being able to see the fireworks glistening over the Sleeping Beauty's castle. Even though it was the second time to see this it still excites me and makes me feel like I am dreaming. Seeing the city at night makes me want to go to  New York even more. Anywhere where there's lights and tall buildings, I'll be there! 





Hong Kong is a duty free country meaning they have no tax, which is why many people from the Philippines to go there for shopping. The clothes and electronics are way more cheaper. Look here this is all the exports and imports, I've never even seen anything like it before. At first I thought they were building something but then I was told that this is where they keep all the exports and imports. Can you imagine what could be in those containers....bags? clothes? shoes? car parts?
(October 18th 2012)




















No comments:

Post a Comment