Saturday 15 June 2013

Hello Second Year of College

So I've survived two weeks of my second year of college.  And well it shocked me that I really felt like I was experiencing alot more than back in my first year! 

Within two days I experienced walking through the flood and traveling on my own!

I wasn't expecting to be trapped inside a building! The floods came from nowhere with just 30mins of rain. There was no way out but to walk through the floods. I hated that feeling where dirty water was showering my legs! I felt sorry for those who walked through the flood without shoes on but I know half of them chose to do that! I chose to walk through the flood with my shoes on completely soaking them!

Then there was my experience of communiting or in other words taking public transport.  Well it was fun! My friend went with me half way we toom a tricycle and then a train arguing before hand with the tricycle driver to lower the fees.

The train here is not bad! I prefer the view here than back in England as it is under ground. Also it is easier to catch a train here they all go one way and there's not many train lines to pick from.  Back in England you have the central line, district line, Picadilly line and so on.

My final strive was taking a taxi
My friend with me made sure I was in the taxi before she decided to continue her own journey back home. I had a friendly chat with the driver starting with him asking if I was Indian. To avoid having to explain my mix I decided to nod at his question. But then he decided to give his own opinions and views about life.  To do with how the tuition fee of UST is expensive to people like him, but for me it is cheaper.  I decided to just agree and answer back with and 'opo.' It was the most polite thing I could think of and it meant I could here everything he had to say. He said everything from the heart as I just let him. I let him get what he wanted to say off his chest!

So being in a taxi I was able to hear what someone from the mass had to say. Which was very interesting! 

So I guess I can add all of this to my list of experiences. I have more to add and I know they are just around the corner!

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.10

No comments:

Post a Comment