Wednesday 28 November 2012

Two More Days To Go

15th birthday back in 2009 when I was still in London

16th birthday back in 2010, my last birthday celebration in London

Here I am now two more days to go and I will turn 18. Back in London I was used to waking up on a school day (as my birthday would always hit a weekday). I would wake up to find a banner and all my gifts layed out. It was always done by mum she lay all my presents out with the banner. I would always be excited to see this even though it was just twice she did this it always made me feel special. My mum had made an effort, especially as I had loads of presents. It showed how many people remembered my birthday! I used to always love the gifts I was given usually because I asked for it. However no matter what I would recieve I would be over the moon with it. 

Even though my birthday is not until saturday I decided to treat my friends to BonChons. I know that that is their favourite restaurant as that is where we always eat after p.e. I was so excited when there were loads of free spaces I was pushing the door that I was supposed to pull. We had a great time! I nearly felt like crying as they surprised me with a cake. That was the best bit. I wasn't expecting anything in return but it made me think no matter where I go I am blessed with friends. I wasn't expecting to do that. I felt even closer to them and it felt so good to be surprised especially with cake. I'm super excited to have cake on my birthday I guess I had it earlier this time around.

Back in London I would wake up with that surprise. Here in the Philippines it's different. I would have less presents. But I remember last year... I first went to eat at a Japanese restaurant with my cousins friends and my auntie where we they gave me french macaroons. That was the first part. The second part I spent it with my family; my cousins, my auntie and uncle. We went to eat out in a Italian restaurant with cupcakes as birthday a cake, followed by a movie. I then went shopping with my auntie, just me and her. It's so different to what I used to experience in London. 








Our family tradition for anyone's birthday back in London was KFC, with pancit (noodles) and cake. We would all take pictures and eat together. That was the best. However I have learnt to adapt and just take in different ways of celebrating my birthday. No matter what it is though I always have the best time because I always have those special people there celebrating it with me. I say everyday to my self that I am super blessed... and I can wish for nothing more! 





No comments:

Post a Comment