Sunday 14 September 2014

The "Quiet" One

They always say that the "quiet" one's have the devil inside of them. Being one of those girls who is shy and quiet, people get shocked when I do things they wouldn't expect someone like me would do. I used to always be against this theory and I used to always laugh. Until I actually realized that they are wrong, this is where being judgmental comes in.

It is not about being quiet, for me just because we don't talk as much as the others, does not mean that we are not capable of doing everything everyone else is capable of doing. There's a reason why we quiet people are quiet, what if we just don't want to tell anyone or what if we just want to keep secrets, it does not mean that we haven't done anything. We do not wish to tell everyone everything that happens in our life, what if we pick the people we tell. Why do we have to broadcast everything we do?

Maybe we don't go out a lot, maybe we've never done things before but it doesn't mean that it won't happen. For me life comes to you and there are things that you just can't control. Lets say we don't choose to kiss someone right this second, but you know that it will eventually happen. Sometimes the quiet ones haven't done it yet, it doesn't mean that it will never happen, maybe they haven't been given that opportunity.

I don't have anything to prove, I am still learning and finding myself but whatever I do is because I choose to do it. There are times when I lose control and do things beyond my usual self wouldn't do but when this happens I realize I am actually capable of doing things I would have never done in the past. For me this is life. I've seen different versions of myself; some have shocked me; some have opened up my eyes and some have made me realize who I am becoming.

Everything right now is scary to be honest and it doesn't help when I hear the line "it's always the quiet ones," since when exactly? All we want or all we really need is guidance, maybe even a slap to the face (not literally) every now and again but how is giving someone a lecture going to help if it's already happened. We all make mistakes and we all know you can never erase mistakes, I'm afraid there is no eraser in reality. What's done is done, in the end the things I do is not because I am the "quiet" one, its because I'm human just like you and everyone else.


No comments:

Post a Comment