Saturday 25 October 2014

Review: The Best of Me

 I was so excited to finally get to watch The Best of me, after writing an article on it for one my classes I really wanted to see it for myself. It was said that it would be the next Notebook, after Nicholas Sparks books were made into movies many of them did well. I loved his two books The Last Song and The Lucky One but I was disappointed by the movies. Although I still do watch these movies again I guess I would have to say I am a fan of Nicholas Sparks. Though I have watched the movie The Best of Me, I still plan on reading the book so that I can compare. I was told before by a professor that books and movies should not be compared as they are two different mediums, but I will go against this as sometimes I cannot help it.

I would have to say I did like this movie, although I do not relate to this in real life. Growing up I realized that movies are nothing like real life and movies today make me look at things differently. This movie does cover love and loss and everyone can relate to it, we all have those what if moments. The movie shows the couple seeing each other for one more time, this does not happen to all of us, but it was nice to see that in the movie it can gave us the chance to see what it “might” be like.

From what I can see from this movie you can re-unite with someone you were once in love with, but it does not lead to getting back together. Things cannot just go back to the way they were, you can see them again and still have feelings with them but sometimes getting back together just doesn’t happen. I guess having feelings for someone doesn’t mean you have to be with them, because of circumstances having them in your life is just as far as it can go. That’s ok, having someone in your life is better that not having them at all. Feelings can’t be helped and there are so many things in life that make being in a relationship complicated.


You can’t go back to the past and even if you do it won’t be the same.

#NicholasSparks #TheBestOfMe  

No comments:

Post a Comment