Friday 6 December 2013

Days 9-16: Single Woman’s 30-Day Blogging Challenge

The days have gone by so quickly that I missed out on nearly a week of the challenge. I have been busy with school and sleeping as I was ill this week due to the amount of energy I used celebrating my birthday.

9)      Your favorite “weird/funny single behavior” – Anything you do that is uniquely YOU and that living alone allows you to do (For example, I sometimes dance around the house with my cat to Frank Sinatra)

Can picking out a wedgie be one? I can't seem to think of anything but this is one of the first things that came to mind when I read this question. I used to dance in my room alone but that was way back in high school, sadly I stopped after I turned 16. 

10)   Google the meaning of your name and talk about how it fits or doesn’t fit you

"Oath of God" is the meaning of my name. It fits me in many ways. I keep God extra close to my heart and everything I do, I do with God by my side.

11)   Your worst/funniest/most embarrassing date

I would't really say it was a date. But I guess it's the closest thing to a date. It was okay but there was A LOT of dead air! Also I spent a lot of time chewing and staring at the guys eyes. So I guess this would be embarrassing.

12)   Your proudest accomplishment

Living in a dorm. I was dependent and scared and I never thought I could do it. I've been staying in a dorm for nearly a year and I have made the greatest friends ever. It has made an impact on my life as it made me become even more independent. 

13)   Describe how you met the last person you texted and talk about your friendship/relationship

I guess it would have to be my mums friend's daughter. We met when our mums had a college reunion we just got talking. Then she decided to study at the same school and me and also boards in the same dorm as me. We have become even closer and at times I see her like a younger sister as she is younger than me. But she is great fun to be with! 

14)   Describe the last moment you felt really, truly blissful

My birthday last Sunday. I was so happy and pleased, I actually cried that night. I spent my birthday away from my mum and sister for the third time but I didn't feel the loneliness with the number of people who celebrated my birthday with me. There were thirteen of us altogether, first we had dinner then we did a bit of shopping they even decided to spoil me. It felt good to just have so many people in my life I didn't know what to say or to but I really did cherish that day. 

15)   Narrate a conversation between you and someone in your life who you never had closure with (a friend, an ex, a family member, etc.) What would you say? What would they say? What outcome would you hope for?

Me: What happened to you?
Guy: I'm sorry I was busy
Me: So what are we? Like why did you stop contacting me? What happened after that day we met?
Guy: I don't know I just didn't feel anything

I made the situation even more awkward because even I don't know what I want to hear. I don't even care about this person anymore and well nothing happened with me and this particular person so I do not expect anything from him. But I always think to myself... what would I do or say if ever I did see him? 

16)   If you planted a time capsule right now of your life to be opened in 20 years, what would be in it?

I guess beauty products to show my insecurities. I have so many insecurities that I know that one day I will finally accept what I have and I will just laugh at myself. I try so many things to try to get lighter because my biggest insecurity is my skin colour. I know that one day I will accept my skin colour so I am just waiting for that day. 

#TheSW30

No comments:

Post a Comment