Friday 19 April 2013

Life. God. Blessings. Challenges. Dreams.

Yesterday I was having a conversation with one of my friends and it was about God. She mentioned how she had become an agnostic before. When we had our philosophy class in our first year, a lot of what we learned was mainly about the existence of God. I remember we even had a classmate who did not like the class as it was making her question her faith and she did not like this. For me whenever I come across situations like this I feel like it makes me become stronger in my faith. It tests me on whether or not I will be tempted, I am NOT tempted. There were times before when I didn't think about God in my everyday life, this was through high school. However through high school was where I really did experience God and really felt that he did not sleep during my times of need, he really was there for me.

I wanted to become a stronger person and so I asked and prayed hard for strength. Then I was faced with many things throughout high school that had teared me to pieces. But then I prayed even harder for strength. I realized then that this was the answer to my prayers. Having situations like this I was able to rise from them, which made me become stronger as a person. The only way you can become stronger is if you are weak. If you are weak and are faced with situations in your life that can break you, you take it on. You take on the challenges of life and keep on going. You do not give up, turn around, stop living; you carry on, keep moving forward and never STOP. 

What will you do if you give up? Is everything handed to you just like that? No. Is it easy as getting your phone from the side table when you wake up in the morning? No. You have to stretch, you have to move. Even if you are tired, you still get it right? Because you want to. Because there might be something on facebook that you want to see or a text that you've been waiting for. There is always something at the end. You will miss it if you give up.

What will happen to you if you turn around? You would have just wasted your time getting to where you are today. Life doesn't move from the present to the past it moves from the present to future, so why turn around? Life doesn't move backwards. The past happened for a reason. Why would the past happen anyways? There is always a reason.

Do you really stop living? Should you stop living? For me many say that I am weak? But am I? 

I came to the Philippines with many expectations but my expectations did not reach my satisfactory level. It wasn't all paradise and rainbows and everything colourful. But I had a dream and I wanted a dream. I am only moving in one direction and that is towards my dream.

There a millions of obstacles. But I know that. I don't care about it. There are loads of negative things in my life, but I look at the positive. There are many who judge and have opinions on my life. But that's ok. I am working for my dreams and for my success, they are just another stepping stone in my life. They are there for a reason the reason is so that I can turn around and show them they are wrong. 

People can say whatever they want and it hurts so bad. However in my mind it is just my dream. My dream is glued to my head and that is all I move forward to. I have family and friends who believe and support me. Isn't that all I need. God has never left me alone so why should I feel alone? Why should I not recognize those who are there for me. I recognize and appreciate those who are in my life, they are a blessing. I never forget that. 

Life. What is it to me? An 18 year old who doesn't know much who has just completed her 1st year of college, not in good terms but has been given another chance. I don't know what life is, but I know that part of it is not giving up. It is about accepting the challenges in life. 

But for me it is about God. God is the center of it all. In the end he is who I always turn to. As long as I have God with me, I know that my dream gets closer and closer. 

I have never stopped believing. My belief in God becomes stronger the more I am tested. I don't think negative, why should I? 



No comments:

Post a Comment