Monday 8 April 2013

For those who appreciate London

Many people ask why I came to the Philippines but I can never really give them a straight answer, because I could say so much. There are tons of reasons some more important and more dominant than the others. But here's one reason. As I was looking at posts of celebrities or bloggers posting their vacation in London it kind of hit me.

Why is it when people to go to England on holiday I get jealous and they seem to have so much fun but when I'm there I feel like I live in a cave. When I go back I really need to do some exploring and appreciate London more.

I grew up in West London, but I never really enjoyed it there. I never really seemed to appreciate where I was born and brought up. London does seem like a really nice place. I did go there a few times (not enough). I remember I would go there if we had to tour family around or me and my friends would sneak off to go to Central London. I never really went there as often as I should of. I never really enjoyed or appreciate London as much as I should have.

When I go back I really want to explore London and really see what other people see. Maybe that's why i hate it there so much, maybe I need to just enjoy it.... and go out more. Here in the Philippines I do get to go around and explore and appreciate everything. But I guess you will never get to appreciate something unless you get to experience it.

England is home, my family are there my close friends are there and I was born and raised there. I was brainwashed to believe London was dangerous and I was never really shown the great parts of it. I just lived there. I went there but I never appreciated. I get jealous and annoyed of those who want to go there so badly. I don't know why maybe because they have pictures of going to all these places but I never really did appreciated London like others do.

I think when I go back I need to somehow go out more often and enjoy the city. I love the city but I never got to experience it like I should.

Kensington High Street, I don't remember what I did here but I'm guessing me and my friend were being adventurous at the time

M&M World before I left 

A trip to a famous park in London 

M&M World a trip with a group of friends before I left for the Philippines

Where I spent my Sweet Sixteen, Planet Hollywood


Above are pictures of the very few times I visited Central London. 

I think my final message is that I need to go out more to appreciate where I came from. I need to do what tourists do and try everything there is to try and do in Central London.

No comments:

Post a Comment