Tuesday 30 July 2013

Finally

As I go on with my course, I am loving my course even more! Yesterday I was drained. After 2 hours of basketball and then another 2 hours of hunting for news I finally got to get a taste of what being a journalist is really like. Although I am aiming to work in a magazine when I am older, I am enjoying the activities and writings we have to do for our major subjects. This is what I was looking for since the 1st year of college; being able to finally write.

Together with my friend we went to seven different town halls and yes it was tiring and frustrating. However as I am an adventurous person I got to go to places I've never been to before. I got to go behind streets that I never even knew about; I got to go to places where the people where completely different to the usual day to day people that I see. They dressed more simpler, they wore slippers instead of shoes, they were dressed in t-shirt and shorts or maybe even jeans and they spoke in fluent Filipino no traces of English in their sentences.

One of the problems I encountered was the language barrier; I am used to friends talking in Filipino but mixed with English but then I experienced someone communicating with me and my friend in pure Filipino. It was difficult, I had to really pay attention and analyze what he was saying before I could process everything he was saying.

All in all I enjoyed what I got to experience I wouldn't mind doing it again. I can bring all these memories back in England. I can tell people I've been to all different kinds of places here in the Philippines and I am willing to go to even more places.

No comments:

Post a Comment