Monday 28 October 2013

Davao City: First Day

One of the cities I always wanted to visit was Davao. I saw and heard many thing about the beaches in Davao. I was even told how it was expensive to stay at the beaches however during my stay at Davao my family and I decided to take a break from the beach and tour around the city instead. We did a city tour, visited a few parks, went for a swim and pushed our limits by trying our first ever river rafting.

It was a tiring but unforgettable holiday I have had in ages. I fell in love with Davao but not as much as I love Cebu. Davao was clean and fresh with "No Smoking" signs in every corner. If you are a smoker it may not be the place for you. However you will enjoy the unpolluted and fresh air due to a less populated area and no smoking in any areas.

Hagimit falls was one of the first places we visited. The water was clear and incredibly blue it was calling my name for a swim but sadly all we did was take pictures and admire the beauty of the water, each taking a fall due to the slippery parts of the rocks.









Other places we visited were the bat caves and Maxima Resort. I was shocked by the number or bats that were hanging inside the caves, we did not get to go inside but we just got to have a look at the habitats of these bats. It wasn't a pleasant site or a pleasant smell. I never imagined there to be that many bats.



We stopped for lunch, quickly going for a dip sadly the rules were "No lifevests, no swimming." The water was extremely deep but it was a bother to be swimming with a life vest, it was more like floating. The water was the perfect temperature for the weather so it was great to go for a dip. Around us were different activities such as jet skiing, slides and snorkling. We chose to just float around in the water. 





Maxima Resort is located at Samal Island, an island off Davao so we had to take a boar before reaching the Island. Maxima had an infinite swimming pool and slides. The infinite swimming pools was located at under the sun, it was just a small swimming pool. Then the slide were not as slippery as we expected it to be but it was long at the same time. After a few slides, we decided to rest before heading back home. 

Maxima Resort and the bat caves were all located on Samal Island. 

No comments:

Post a Comment