Monday 2 September 2013

I'm Not A Fan!



Where do I start? I'm not a music geek and I don't know much about music. The first song I heard by Lady GaGa was  Just Dance and I loved it! It was very catchy, it's something I would listen to but not something  I would listen to all day.

Then Lady GaGa continued to make music and they all did really well, some had a meaning like Born This Way. However the music videos were slowly becoming explicit and I don't know why.

She wears less clothes, does provocative things and it's not music anymore for me. For me a music video should relate and tell the story of the song. I guess a music video is for entertainment but shouldn't a music video mean something. It shouldn't be about how you have less clothes on but about the song, the meaning and how we can relate to it.

I always tell people how I much prefer to listen to artists from Youtube. The songs are original or rather not auto tuned. Artists off Youtube don't try to impress the mass, they're not mainstream but they sound better than the ones on mainstream because it's different; it's not the same thing you hear everyday and everywhere. Mainstream music adjust to the mass however those off Youtube don't need to do this even though they might not have as many fans as those mainstream artists.

No comments:

Post a Comment